Span Tech conveyors are our top selling conveyors. North America's largest Automation Integrators trust Span Tech because of its incredible reliability and flexibility.
Span Tech products are so good because they offer so many more benefits when compared to your traditional conveyor supplier. There are unique features of Span Tech that put them in a class of their own because they can be easily configured to merge, lane, accumulate, elevate and lowerate via standard component modules.
Captured Chain System
Captured chains allow our conveyors to be simultaneously dual driven (head and tail) with no special controls, reducing belt tension and allowing for much longer continuous chain lengths.
Span Tech is built from a standard set of base components making future revisions and servicing incredibly easy. Your conveyors will retain their value even after decades of operation.
Our extensive standard transfer offering includes gravity rollers, dead plate slides and chutes, powered rollers and our popular MicroSpan powered belt transfers. Our MicroSpan transfers, utilizing 1/4" nose-bars allow for smooth active transfer of products as small as 25mm.
A revolutionary guide rail system that enables wholesale rail width adjustments in seconds and seamless adjustability through curve sections.
Span Tech conveyors are the quietest in the industry running at 42dBA which compares to the noise in a library setting. Less noise equals less wear.
To reduce your engineering requirements, we offer a number of standard pre-engineered Automation Building Blocks including merge, lane, twist, helical bend, pack station, topper lift and divert modules.
More Impressive Span Tech Numbers
Span Tech Conveyors Provide the Lowest Total Overall Cost of Ownership
Span Tech Conveyor Selection
Designer Series Conveyors
Span Tech conveyors are the perfect choice for conveying products between manufacturing processes such as bagger to checkweigher or carton erector to case packer.
Ergonomic Hand Pack Station
These quick pay-back systems are perfect for budget minded manufacturers seeking productivity improvements. They also help reduce repetitive strain and other injuries that occur with manual hand packing.
- Straight running or curved configurations.
- Carton conveyor is "twisted" to an optimized ergonomic angle to facilitate box loading while maintaining straight wrist alignment.
- Product conveyor elevation in relation to case opening height is also adjusted to minimize product lifting.
- E-Stop Pull Cord system ensures quick action in emergency situations.
- Systems are pre-engineered with option tweaks for rapid deployment.
- Affordable Wash down models are available.
The Span Tech "Topper Lift"
Topper Lifts gently raise or lower products at inclines up to 65 degrees without the need for flights. We use the un-supported return belt of the upper conveyor to gently cradle product travelling on the lower conveyor.
- Elevate or lower products up to 65 degrees with no flights.
- Run varying size products with no set up or adjustment.
- The gentle cushioning will not damage sensitive products. Our Topper Lifts are used to elevate Kleenex cartons with zero deformation.
- The same elevating Topper Lift can be simply run in reverse to lower products.
- There is no requirement for complex controls. The entire system runs on two VFD's that control the relative speed of upper blanket and lower conveyor belt speed.
- Affordable Wash down models are available.
High Speed Horizontal Switch
Products are moved on a series of sliding Delrin carriers. The carriers slide freely from side to side on stainless steel carrier rods and their paths are controlled with our jam-free switching module and track guides.
- Designed to split product in 1:2, 1:3 and many other configurations.
- Incredible reliability and low maintenance is a result of our proprietary jam-free technology.
- Switching speeds of up to 400 switches per minute are possible.
- The controls are simple and the main switch function operates via on/off FESTO DFM short stroke cylinder triggered by photo-eye.
- The maximum overall switching width is 48".
- The carriers can removed without tools for servicing.
- Guarding or light curtains are available.
- Affordable Wash down models are available with Carrier Rods available in 304 Stainless Steel.
Our latest innovation is the creation of a revolutionary guide rail system that enables wholesale rail width adjustments in seconds and seamless adjustability through curve sections.
- EZ Guides eliminate un-safe protruding rail rods and brackets.
- Rail widths can now be repeatedly adjusted in seconds without the need for tooling reducing time for product changeovers.
- The radius of the guides automatically adjusts as the guide width is increased or decreased in the curve. This allows for seamless guides throughout the entire length of conveyor.
- EZ Guide allows for adjustable rails on both sides or one side with fixed rail datum.
- EZ Guides do not only need to be installed on Span Tech conveyors. They can be fitted onto any existing or new OEM conveyor system.
- EZ Guide systems are fully wash down.
- EZ Guides are surprisingly affordable with total installation cost only slightly more than conventional adjustable rail systems.